It’s likely that you’re not the only one who follows a particular blog because of the value received from reading it. So add value to the blogs you follow by adding a point or two in the comments section of the blog. Or share a scenario that’s pertinent to the blog topic...something that enhances the value or creates interesting discussion surrounding the original post.
The idea is that by offering comments that add value to a post by another well-known, and/or widely read blogger can not only help to enhance the blog on which you’re commenting, but expose you to that blogger and his/her audience. (Plus, for those readers interested in finding out more about you it gives them an opportunity to link back to your website.)
Here are some benefits of commenting on blogs:
- It’s an opportunity to directly engage with the blog author.
- Your comment will likely be seen/read by that blog’s readers offering more exposure to you and your ideas.
- Many bloggers have a no-follow rule in their comments section, so the link to your website in a comment isn’t registered as a true inbound link for you, but not every blogger has this. Whether or not the link to your website in a comment registers a measurable inbound link or not, readers can link to your site from you comment to find out more about you.
- Often bloggers will engage those who comment, which is an opportunity to begin a discussion with a blog author you admire.
- Other readers of a blog may read your comments and provide their own comments in response to yours. This can sometimes lead to a connection with someone, expanding your network of contacts and potentially turning into a business relationship.
So write value-adding comments. Feel free to offer your comments on this post.