It came out on April 21st this year. Essentially, any website that is not optimized for viewing/interaction on mobile devices has potential to lose organic search traffic.
Basically, if your website isn’t mobile-friendly your SEO efforts could and likely will suffer.
The solution is to make sure your website is developed in a way that allows it to automatically scale to the screen size of a mobile device when someone views your site on such a smartphone or tablet.
HubSpot.com states this about how to check to see if your current website is mobile friendly:
- “Check your website traffic, and mobile traffic and see if it has decreased.
- Ensure your most-important pages are optimized for mobile. If they're not, update them as soon as possible and Google will update their results in near real-time.
- Complete the mobile website assessment below and a HubSpot marketing specialist will help review your website to ensure it’s fully optimized for this Google update.”
Posted by Nick Venturella
- Great for coaches, consultants and freelancers
- No coding necessary
- Automatically scales when viewed on a mobile device