Considering the monetary upfront cost of blogging (nearly $0), I don’t understand why more businesses aren’t benefiting from building online relationships by publishing value-added content (blogs) for their target audience. Especially if it means generating more business in cost effectively.
The Mashable post mentioned offers 10 Tips for Corporate Blogging. Below are my five reasons why you can’t afford not to blog:
1. Your customers are seeking information to questions they have about your industry and services…if you’re not blogging about it your competition is and your potential customers are finding them and buying from them.
2. If your potential customers are finding info and answers to their questions from your competitions’ blogs then it’s safe to say that they’re also thinking of your competition as the expert in your industry--that’s top-of-mind brand association that is hard to shake.
3. Blogging can increase your organic search engine results…if your company website or blog posts are not coming up high on Google searches for keywords related to your business and industry then your potential customers are navigating toward your competition who is ranking high on search engine results because of their blogs.
4. Have you ever done an internet search for a topic of interest and come across a “how-to” blog post from a few months ago that still comes up in searches and is still relevant? ...Blogs have a long SEO shelf-life, which can help your traffic now, in a couple months and even a couple years.
5. Have you ever opted-in to an email list to receive a valuable whitepaper or ebook of info filled with useful take-a-aways...over time your blog posts could be compiled to create an opt-in ebook to offer valuable, useful info for your potential customers...when they opt-in, those are potential leads, nurture them and convert them to valued happy customers...that’s how the competition is winning customers over you.